- Our self-certification of compliance with the EU-US and Swiss-EU Privacy Shield frameworks (PreludeDynamics.com/Privacy-Shield).
- Handling of data collected through our corporate website (PreludeDynamics.com).
- Our policies pertaining to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) pertaining to data collected using our VISION EDC in the EU.
To view your personal data stored on PreludeDynamics.com and request the alteration, anonymization or removal of said data, please visit Data Access Request.
This policy may be amended and updated from time to time in response to changes in the regulatory environment.
Personal Information – is any information relating to a natural person that can be used to identify that individual.
Sensitive Personal Information – Data pertaining to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health, or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Data Controller – In the context of GDPR, a data controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data Processor – In the context of GDPR, a data processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Handling of data collected through our corporate website PreludeDynamics.com
Personal Information – Information such as name, title and email address are collected when visitors fill in a Contact Form or elect to sign up to receive electronic newsletters.
Prelude Dynamics uses this information solely for the purpose of distributing electronic newsletters and marketing materials. This information is not shared with any third party.
Individuals may opt out of any communications by using the “Unsubscribe” feature which is available in each electronic communication.
Browser Data – When you visit our website, your browser sends information such as your IP address, access times and referring Web site addresses. The browser does this for every website you visit. This data does not comprise personal information, and is used only for gathering high-level statistics about site usage which is used to improve the quality of our site. It is not disclosed to any third party.
Cookies – Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based) or optout.aboutads.info (US based). On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad tracking.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
Social Media Plugins – We do not use social media plug-ins on our corporate website.
Compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Prelude Dynamics provides the VISION Electronic Data Capture system that is used by our clients to capture data during the conduct of clinical trials. In the context of GDPR, Prelude Dynamics is data processor acting on the explicit contractual direction of our clients who are data controllers. The VISION system can be used to collect personal information as well as sensitive personal information as required for the clinical trial being conducted.
Individual Rights – Our clients are primarily responsible for complying with the individual rights required by the GDPR, and Prelude Dynamics assists in fulfilling those requests as required. All requests must be responded to within one calendar month.
- The right to be informed (ref. Article 13 of the GDPR). Individuals have the right to be informed of the purpose for which information is being collected, the retention period, how to contact the data controller or their representative and how to object to processing. This information must be received by the individual prior to collection of any personal information.
- The right of access (ref. Article 15 of the GDPR). Individuals have the right to access their personal data and can request access either verbally or in writing. A fee may not be charged for this access.
- The right to rectification (ref. Article 16 of the GDPR). Individuals have the right to request that incorrect data be corrected and incomplete data be completed.
- The right to erasure (ref. Article 17 of the GDPR). This right does not apply to information that has already been collected during the conduct of a clinical trial since it is necessary for scientific purposes. Individuals can, however ask that no further information be collected (see the right to object below).
- The right to restrict processing (ref. Article 18 of the GDPR). The individual’s right to ask a data controller to stop processing personal information is not applicable to data that has already been collected for clinical trials. Individuals can, however, ask that no further information be collected.
- The right to portability (ref. Article 20 of the GDPR). Individuals have the right to obtain and reuse a copy of their data. This copy will be provided in a portable, electronic format.
- The right to object (ref. Article 21 of the GDPR). Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their data. In the context of a clinical trial, this is equivalent to withdrawal of consent.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (ref. Article 22 of the GDPR). VISION does not support any automate decision-making capabilities.
Prelude Dynamics also serves the PreludeDynamics.com website, accessible to anyone with connection to the world wide web. These policies and procedures also apply to PreludeDynamics.com and it’s elements affording you the same level of protection of personal information.
Data Protection Requests – To report a concern about privacy or to exercise your individual rights under the GDPR, the first step is to contact the Sponsor of the clinical trial. In the event that this cannot be done, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
5725 West Highway 290
Austin, Texas 78735