Prelude Dynamics is a life science technology company looking to make the world safer and healthier by accelerating new product development of life saving medicine and devices for humans and animals. Our mission is to simplify clinical research through smarter technology and superior service. Clinical trial designs are becoming increasingly complex, making new research more daunting and labor intensive for clinical research organizations of all sizes. With Prelude’s VISION platform, complex research is made easy through the industry’s most flexible eClinical technology platform, enabling adaptable trials with ease, and automating 90%+ of clinical data management work.
The Lead Cloud Engineer is the primary source for infrastructure support for Prelude’s server environment. The ideal candidate will be a visionary that can analyze a current infrastructure that supports dozens of customers and chart a path toward an environment that can support hundreds of customers. They will also:
- Measure and analyze the current KVM VMs / Linux systems to improve performance and reliability.
- Build Virtual Machines & Physical Machines per Standard setups .
- Systems performance tuning and Administration.
- Support migrations, upgrades and patching the Systems and their Firmware.
- Consider value proposition of public cloud (AWS / Azure) vs. current private cloud server infrastructure and if needed lead transition from private to public cloud.
- Fulfillment of team responsibilities may require, from time to time, working outside of normally scheduled shift time to complete projects, maintenance and/or meet business commitments.
- Audit existing tools, processes, systems and services; optimize and develop risk mitigation plans to improve productivity, security and cost.
- Proactively solicit feedback from our team to identify opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness, productivity, and security.
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Independent but collaborative
- Strong time-management skills
- Great communicator and capable of client-facing interactions
- Effective and efficient diagnostic and problem-solving capabilities
- Good balance between technical innovation and pragmatism
Threshold Technical Knowledge:
- Linux System Administration
- KVM Virtualization
- Private network/VPN management
- DNS management
- Server Performance Profiling
- Server Monitoring
- Server Tuning
- Linux shell scripting
- Data Center Rack Management
- Office Automation Support (Windows and Mac)
- DevOps Automation
Objective Technical Knowledge:
- Networking Expertise
- Juniper Firewalls and Switch CLI knowledge
- Enterprise Container strategy
- Single-Sign-On strategies and implementation
- Hardware and Infrastructure Solution Trade-Offs
- Cloud-based Automation and Virtualization
- DevSecOps Automation
APPLY FOR THIS JOB